We are looking for enthusiastic and dynamic individuals focused on providing engaging and rigorous education for our students. If you have a passion for unlocking students’ potential, we invite you to apply.
This Is Our Academy
We have learning disabilities, every one of us. We all are smart and capable. We are not lazy, but we do struggle to learn some things. We are usually well behaved but sometimes our frustration leads to tears, anger, or just giving up. The Learning Coaches at Academy empower us. We are taught how to overcome learned helplessness. We are loved. We are challenged. We are engaged. We are supported. It is a place where we share, fail, succeed, grow, cry, and laugh…a lot!
Our Story…as we want to imagine it
Imagine that our learning disabilities were not a life sentence. Imagine if we could strengthen the areas of our brains that cause learning disabilities. Imagine if we each got the unique support we needed, despite our sometimes-poor behavior or negative outlook on life. Imagine we could succeed academically, socially, and emotionally. Imagine if we had learning coaches who truly believed in us!
This Job Isn’t for Everyone
This job isn’t for everyone. We hope that this will help you understand that this role isn’t for you OR that this is the exact position you have been waiting for. We are looking for someone to walk alongside us. We want someone who is passionate about our success and will go above and beyond to help us succeed, even when we don’t deserve it. We know when someone is fake. We need a learning coach who is willing to try and fail alongside us.
Please consider applying if you are:
- Love kids & youth
- Passionate about helping us succeed
- Know some stuff well
- Willing to learn beside us
- Vulnerable and you don’t always have to be right
- Willing to understand our unique stories
To see our current job openings, click here.
- Excited to learn the connections between learning, emotion & the brain
- Willing to make mistakes in front of us and be an example for us on how to try again
- Positive & upbeat with an optimistic mindset
- Willing to understand the broad landscape of learning disabilities
- You are organized and can help us translate stats into real, meaningful daily goals
- Desiring to work in a community where relationship is #1
- Able to think on your feet and innovate well
- Willing to offer creative solutions
- A hard worker!
Learning Disabilities affect
Percent of students with a learning disability drop out of school.
percent of delinquent juveniles have an undiagnosed learning disability
Percent of Inmates with a Learning Disability
Get In Touch
Location: 1800 N. Highway #41 Post Falls, ID 83854
Contact: Click here
School Hours: M-F: 8am - 3pm
2022-2023 School Calendar: Click here